Sunday 17 February 2013

Introducing JRonA

In keeping with the theme of simplicity I have discovered that it's possible to run JRuby on an Android device with a very small amount of Java code. JRonA is all contained in two files JRonA.java with 51 lines of code and JRonA.rb with 24 lines of code. Even I can understand it!

I have called my creation JRonA (short for JRuby on Android) and if you are interested you can download the explanatory JRonA-01.PDF here or the code and examples here.

In a sense this discovery was forced on me because I found it difficult to figure out how to use Ruboto or how it works and JRonA emerged in my struggle to understand.

Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin.. fantastic work. Thanks this is brilliant!
    btw I am running on Jetbrains IDE the called IntelliJ IDEA and incorporating your files.
    Builds and debugs nicely.
    cheers from Kinglake Melbourne Australia
    David Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'd like to hear from anyone else who's running JRonA to exchange tips with.. please shout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David. I'm delighted you find it useful.

    ...Robin

    ReplyDelete